Monday 25 June 2012

Crafty Crease #18: The Red Tag Challenge

A few months back, my BFF Steph and I decided to set ourselves the challenge if learning some more techniques that we could then share with each other.

We both started with the same basic Red, Black & White kit which consisted of:

  • Tim Holtz Tag die
  • Tim Holtz birdcage die
  • Sizzix "dream" word die
  • Die-namics Dog Tag die

We basically cut out 4-6 dies of each color and split them as evenly as possible between us.  In the end I think we had about 6 weeks to think about how we were going to complete them.

Unfortunately, I don't have photos of Stephs tags.  She introduced me to using metal jewellery pieces which I have gone on to use on my cherish journals.

In the following tags I used these ideas to complete them:
  • Fabric and button flowers
  • Tissue & button flowers
  • Diamante brads
  • Feathers & Ribbon
  • Fabric (applied with iron on interfacing!)
  • Ramble scribbles (which I will have a tutorial on later!)


       









2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh...you are so awesome-I LOVE these tags! We need to organise another weekend to do some more crafting. Soon!!

Anonymous said...

Oops...seems I am 'annonymous'!!! It's Jeanette :)