Wednesday 8 February 2012

Crafty Crease #1


Miss Independent
aka Belle (4.5 yrs old)
We visited a good friend of ours in the sunny Hawkes Bay for Waitangi weekend.  Although the weather wasn't its usual bright and cheerful self, we had a great time.  Kate is the Principal of an awesome country school 30 mins north of Napier.  I don't know how she does it, teaching and her Principal tasks but she somehow does, and makes it look easy!  She has a visit from ERO soon, her first one as Principal ...Good luck Kate - not that you need it! I can not get over how fast kids grow.  Kate's daughter Belle is 4 1/2 yrs old and such an independent girl who knows her own mind.
Belle & Kate

Anyway, this was the first time I had seen Kate since Christmas, so I thought I'd make her a little pressie.  I got the idea from a youtube video -  Mini Pocket Scrapbook  (made from one sheet of paper.  Because scrapbooking paper / card is expensive, I make most of the bases of my projects from kraft Manilla folders.  I buy these in packs of 100 from Warehouse Stationery and they end up at 29c a folder.  A few folds and one cut later, I end up with a booklet with pockets.  I use the good paper to decorate and embellish with stamps, stickers, etc...

Here is Kate's finished booklet:






Each booklet has 8 pockets.  This particular booklet is a cocktail book.  Each tag has a different recipe on the opposite side (see below).  I made these booklets for adult friends and family for christmas.  Some were recipes, seeds as well as the cocktail.  Great as gifts and my friends and family say they loved them so I was pretty happy.  As I get better at this blogging thing, I will add actual tutorials and templates that others may find useful.



No comments: